Monday, April 29, 2013

Decluttering

A good day.  More energy.  Major decluttering in the kitchen, the logic being while I'm sorting out my digestive system in the spirit of fengshui why not spring clean the surroundings as well and maybe help things along. Deeply embarrassing to discover so many food items in the cupboards that were way past their sell-by dates. I mean two or three years. Mainly stuff in tins and packets.  So they go on the compost or into the bin. I hate throwing food out but it's got to be done and the streamlined shelves and cupboards are now a joy to behold.

****

I've recently discovered Ann Cleeves and her northern detective stories and I'm hooked.  Brain fog means that of late crime fiction is pretty much all I can focus on, and she is very good. 

****

The silver birch sways languidly in the fresh north-west breeze and the evening sun warms the brickwork. The horse chestnut is clothed in a pale green mist, not yet leaves but no longer buds. Dandelions, daisies and forget-me-nots have sprung up on the lawn. I'm happy to see them all, even the dandelions.  No, especially the dandelions - there's something so cussed and undaunted and cheerful about them, as if they know they're not always welcome and they don't care.


Like I said, a good day. It finally feels like spring.

4 comments:

Barbara M said...

(o)

mm said...

Hi Barbara :-)

Les said...

Glad you're doing better, and that it's spring. I feel rather more like some delicate flower than a dandelion myself, though I do admire its verve. Which reminds me of a guy I dated who disparagingly said I was lacking in pluck. (Insensitive cad, that one.) Every bloom has its merits, I guess!

mm said...

Thanks Leslee.