Monday, November 24, 2008

Real Life



I’d been looking forward to Saturday.

Relatively Retiring invited me to lunch. She had introduced herself a few weeks ago in the comments and it turns out we live just three train stops from each other. We had to meet of course and it was like resuming a conversation with an old friend. Maybe meeting at first in the blogosphere oils the wheels, but there was a real connection.

The day flowed. Good food and talk, a drive into the hills before the daylight faded and a delightful dog. Balm for body and mind. And if you haven’t yet visited RR’s engaging, thoughtful blog, you’re missing something. It must run in the family as she is aunt to the esteemed Pohangina Pete.

A gift to discover a congenial fellow blogger in the real-life neighbourhood. Much as I love having a cyber life and far-flung blogfriends, you can on occasion feel isolated with just the computer screen for company.

So pleased we did this.

11 comments:

Relatively Retiring said...

Yes, indeed, and thank you, mm.
I started blogging for slightly unworthy reasons - to prove that people should not pre-judge. I expected to do a couple of posts to prove my point, but I am discovering some lovely, congenial people out there, beyond the screen, and now a real new friend just down the railway line.
It was a great encounter.
The dog agrees.

Sky said...

such a fun treat for you two!

herhimnbryn said...

Hurrah.

Zhoen said...

Real connections are the best, we all do what we can with what we have.

pohanginapete said...

I'm delighted you and RR have met up. Now I just have to find a way to get back over to your side of the world :^)

The photo has a wonderful, dream-like quality to it.

mm said...

Thanks all.

RR: Needless to say, I am very glad you continued ...

Sky/HHB/Zhoen: Yes indeed.

PPete: 2009 maybe? The trip, I mean.

Anonymous said...

It's always good to substantiate the 'virtual' with the 'actual'. I'm glad it was a happy meeting.

Anonymous said...

MM - I got here after clicking on your "name" at northnodeastrology, under a post about Aries N.node/Libra S. node. I have them too, and Virgo rising, and sun sq. saturn in Leo - I suspect we were born a year - more or less - apart. Much in common. I don't have an active blog now. Work in public health field, which I think you do, and involved in photography. Background in Zen Buddhism. Living now with one male - an orange cat. Like I said, much in common - though I'm an American. Oh, and you sold your house/flat & moved recently? Me too. That's enough for now, right? I'll await your reply; is there a way to non-publicly share an email address with you?

mm said...

Dick: Thanks. Actual makes virtual that bit more real.

mm said...

Hi Anon. Thanks for breaking cover :-) I have just added a contact email address to my profile. Look forward to hearing from you ....

mm said...

Hi again Anon: Thought I had added my email address. Wrong. I have now!